April 20, 2020

20 Years After: FF7

Redraw Challenge #4.
It's been 20 years last time I drew FF fanart. I also can't believe FF7 has been 23 years now...

I was actually looking at video footage of Shiva's changes as year goes by and it's so awesome to see the different designs they have made. I still like the whole idea of old school pixeled/low-poly characters where it's up you to decide what they actually look like.

FF7 was eye opener when they changed character designer. I loved Nomura Tetsuya's work in FF7 but also that was probably the last time I loved his work too. I did enjoy more "fun" and "anime" like style until he changed it to more serious mature characters and looks more "finalized" where you cant visualize anything more than that. But that's also partially because of  3d has more visual detail that takes care of final look throughout the game play.

Buuut, the environment design was beautiful in that game so the remake will be fun to watch so I can't wait to see that!

#kiddyfactory20th
 
FF7

FF7 Before and After

FF7 Aerith

FF7 Tifa

FF7 Yuffie



No comments:

Post a Comment