January 20, 2020

20 Years After: Angel

One of big project I want to do this year is to go back to my old illustrations and redraw them to see side by side comparison!

As I mentioned in my last post, this year is my 20th anniversary of having my website. Having my website gave me motivation to do digital illustration at weekly bases during my high school. Looking back to my old work have given me new inspiration to see how I would interoperate with my current vision.

Starting first is my very first digital illustration I have colored in Photoshop back in 1999!
Back then I used to ink my drawings, scan, and then color. To color, as we all may have done it at early times, used lasso tool and constantly click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, to do the cell-shaded look. And there is a little bit of soft brush to add gradient to the eyes, halo and the mouth.

Stay tuned to see more redraws in the future!
#kiddyfactory20th


Angel Before and After

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment