March 8, 2015

Kitchen Shelves

A little idea you can do to decorate your kitchen. I added 2 wall shelves so I can have more space to put away my kitchen supplies.  I've stained the wood to match with my counter and bought shelf brackets at IKEA.

The wall is painted with chalkboard paint that I painted when I first moved here. I found this cute wire frame "YUM" sign at Target that I would love to use it in the kitchen.

Materials:
- White paint- Paint brush
- 4pc, $2 natural wood brackets from IKEA
- 6pc, $1 soft rubber screw hooks from Dollerama
- 2pc, 1x8x4 knotty pine wood from Home Depot
- Minwax Wood Finish - Golden Oak 210B
- 8pc, screws
- 4pc, screws

Kitchen Shelves  

[photo below]
Before: The wall was blank after finished painting with Chalkboard paint. Tim drew out pots, pan, dishes, and cups to make the place more interesting while we were deciding on shelving.

Kitchen Shelves

[photo below]
This sign was bought as black sign, it was on sale at Target for $9 so I spend the time to change the color to white.

Kitchen Shelves

Kitchen Shelves

Kitchen Shelves

Kitchen Shelves

[photo below] 
For these brackets, you can actually buy white brackets for $4 to save time but I wanted to use up left over white paint that I didn't want to waste so I purposely bought $2 natural wood brackets(and it was cheaper!).

Kitchen Shelves

Kitchen Shelves 
 
Kitchen Shelves 
 
Kitchen Shelves

No comments:

Post a Comment