December 5, 2010

i love pasta!

Pasta is one of my favorite food! I can just eat plain pasta with salt and butter! I grow my own basil and it goes so well with my quick-to-make tomato sauce.

Simple tomato sauce recipe:
- 4~5cups of any kind pasta
- 6-8 sliced tomatoes
- sprig of fresh basil (or whatever amount you like)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter(more the better taste)
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish

optional ingredient: roasted red peppers or zucchini/ sun dried tomatoes/ garlic

1. Put butter in heated sauce pan, throw in sliced tomatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper.
2. Let it simmer for 15-20 min, stir occasionally.
3. Add basil and leave some for garnish.
4. Add any optional ingredient at this point and simmer another 5-10 min.
5. Stir in 1/2cup Parmesan cheese until thickens.
6. Pour the sauce on boiled pasta and garnish with cheese and basil

tomato with horn

simple pasta~

No comments:

Post a Comment