September 22, 2024

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table

Spent my weekend decorating my dining table with simple color change and upcycle what I already own.
Time to do some IKEA hacks!

With my new kitchen I had some theme to go bold with color on any metal furniture mixed with natural wood furniture:  

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table



Photo below was a IKEA dining table I owned 17 years ago at my old apartment I used to live in. I bought this table as temporary so someday when I own a house, I want to replace it with really nice wooden dining table that I would love forever.

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table



But turns out after 17 years, I care about not wasting what I own and decided to just dress up my old dining table to how I like. So what I did was re-paint the table frame and replace the table top!

I used spray primer for extra hold and spray painted with a color I want:

Used these:
• Rust-Oleum: Painter's Touch
2X Interior/Exterior Ultra Cover Multi-Purpose Paint And Primer in Semi-Gloss White,
340g Spray Paint

• Behr: Premium
Interior/Exterior Aerosol Spray Paint and Primer
- Top Tomato -
Satin Finish, 340g

One spray can just BARELY covered so plan your priority where you need it sprayed!

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table



The old white table top was made out of masonite with thick white paint where you can imagine it bubbles and cracks the paint as it ages and not at all good with water tolerance. But kept this table top for another future project!

After the kitchen renovation, I no longer need the wooden counter table(photo below and also from IKEA) and it's so hard to let go full wood tabletop as these are quite expensive now to purchase by itself.

so I re-purpose the wooden table top for my dining table and sold the bottom piece on Facebook Market.

Kitchen Shelves



And voila!
This is my new forever dining table!
I love this bold orange red table and it's matching with wooden table top so well.

Hello my new table!

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table

IKEA Upcycle: Dining Table

0 comments!:

Post a Comment