January 5, 2020

Happy 20 Years

It's crazy to say, it's been 20 YEARS since I had my website running!!

Everything started when I tried my first attempt to make homepage on Geocities. Web design has been one of my hobby so I have kept screenshots of my site layout and for the first time counting, I didn't realize I've made 30 DESIGNS in total.

I am curious to know if anyone who has followed me this long has recognized any of these websites(click here to see larger version):  

*Top left is oldest, bottom right is newest
Website layout of Kiddy Factory


What's most interesting about this journey is to see the changes made through this 20 years. Making homepage was a thing back in the 90s, then social community comes in with link exchange, Webrings, online art portfolio, then social media comes in with Myspace, Blog, Facebook, Instagram and so on.

Social media did change lot of things where I asked myself do I really need my own website still? As much as convenient it sounds to use social media apps, there's always time where I just wish to see everything I did in the past. It's like journal for art, I want everything lay out for me to look.

So for this year 2020, I want to focus on going back to my old artwork and redraw some of my favorite artwork to show before and after changes! This will be exciting project!!

website2020
Anyways here is my new web design for 2020. Everything is updated to current, and I've also updated my old artwork where the link was dead for a while.

Check out my website! yukikotsu.com
Follow my redraw challenges here: #kiddyfactory20th

Happy 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment