Tried out making my first Tsukune following Tastemade Japan's recipe!
Tsukune is Japanese meatball often cooked on skewers. It goes well with soy based sauce.
I like this recipe because it's more like meat pancake so it's so much easier to prepare and cook.
It's great for side dish or eat it as a meal with rice bowl. Try it out!
- 150g ground pork or ground chicken
- 100g firm tofu
- 1/4 stick of naganegi(Japanese leek)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 white egg, set yolk aside
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g enoki mushroom
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin(japanese cooking wine)
- 1 tbsp sake
- 3 tbsp potato starch with 3 tbsp water, mixed
- 1 cup, green onion chopped
- 1 yolk
1. Mix all Tsukune ingredient in a bowl very well.
2. Preheat the medium size skillet to med-high, pour the mix in.
3. Flatten the mix into pancake form, spread it to skillet size, make sure you have enough space to flip the meat pancake.
4. Cook for 6-8min. Flip then cook for another 5min. Check inside is fully cooked and set on a plate.
5. In the same skillet, cook enoki for few min. Then add Sauce ingredients until thickens.
6. Pour the sauce on meat pancake.
7. Garnish with green onion and yolk.