August 21, 2016

Homemade Mayonnaise

One good thing about making your own mayo is that you only make the amount you need to not waste them. I found the recipe here for original recipe that you can try.

The recipe here, I modified based on what I have in my cabinet, and it still tasted good. The biggest change I made in the original recipe is that I reduced the oil amount to 1/4 cup instead of 3/4 cup. So essentially this is low-fat mayo recipe that I modified to my taste.

To add more flavor I used my taco seasoning recipe for fish taco.

Fish taco with homemade mayo

Seasoned Mayonnaise:
-1 large egg yolk
-1 1/2 tsp lemon juice or lime juice
-1 tsp white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
-1 1/4 tsp dijon mustard or honey mustard
-1 tsp salt
-1/4 cup canola oil

Optional:
-1 tsp taco seasoning, add more for preference

1. Whisk every ingredient except for canola oil. Whisk for 30-40 second.

2. While whisking, add canola oil 1/4 tsp at a time until it's nice and thick. Add more salt if needed.

3. Then add taco seasoning for more flavor.


Fish taco with homemade mayo


It's bass season right now so we decided to have nice chunky deep fried fish taco with the mayo!
You can check out here for more bass fish recipe!

Fish taco

No comments:

Post a Comment