Showing one of the recipe from "At Home with Lynn Crawford".
I like this book, because it has pretty simple recipes that you can easily make with common ingredient you have at home.
Ground beef is common meat I buy quite often. This is one of simple and cozy recipe!
Mince & Tatties
- 1 tbsp veg. oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp unsaltedbutter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups mashed potatoes.
1. In a large skillet over medium-high, hear oil. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently and breaking meat down with back of a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
2. Add butter and onion and cook, stirring frequently until browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook, stirring constanly, until well incorporated, about 2 minutes more.
3. Gradually stir in stock Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce hear to low and simmer stirring occasionally, until gravy has thickened slightly, about 20 minutes.
4.Add carrots and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. stir in peas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve spooned over hot whipped potatoes.
*This dish goes well with brown rice too!