Simple side dish you can make for any meat dish!
One of my favorite ways to eat eggplants, which is simple seasoning and roasting them. I enjoy eating this by itself as main dish. Good for vegetarians.
Eggplant has lot of health benefit. Check out this website that talk about it more!
Layered Crusted Eggplants:
- 2 large Eggplants, slice in 1cm
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup of Panko
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Pasta Sauce or Homemade Tomato Sauce:
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tbsp Basil
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper
1. Set Oven to 350F/180C. Place parchment paper on baking trays. Lay eggplants.
2. Crust: In a bowl, mix Panko, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix very well. Pour the mix on to eggplants evenly. Put in the oven for 30min.
3. Homemade Tomato Sauce: Heat sauce pan at medium-high. Melt the butter and pour tomatoes in the pan. Season with basil, and oregano. Cook for 3min, then simmer at medium heat for 6-8min or until half chunky and saucy. Season salt and pepper for your preference.
4. When eggplant is ready, stack them into a tower on small plate and pour the sauce on top of it. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Serve hot.