I had pasta dish at The Daughter from their lunch specials. It was delicious that it inspired me to make my own. I went back to my pasta maker and made fettuccine for the first time. It won't be amazing as The Daughters but it's nice to know you can make something similar that you can enjoy making it at home.
Dill and Smoked Bacon Fettuccine with Mixed Tomatoes
- 2 servings fresh Fettuccine pasta
- box of mixed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1 cup smoked bacon, diced
- 1/2'' of stick of butter
- olive oil for drizzle
1. Prepare boiled water to cook pasta. (for regular pasta, cook now, drain and set aside.)
2. With a large/medium skillet, grill bacon until inside is hot and set the pan to medium high then throw in butter.
3. Once butter is melted throw in mixed tomatoes and stir occasionally until the skin starts cracking.
4. Mean while cook the fresh pasta(about 2-4 min), drain and set aside.
5. Throw in dill and olive oil into the skillet, stir quickly and then put pasta in.
6. Lightly stir everything together and then transfer into 2 plates.