Tried out making hamburger steak! It's pretty convenient meal to make if you don't mind eating again on following day because you can have so much leftover. You can use the same burger mix as donut burger I made while back
- 1 box of mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or katsu sauce
- 1 tbsp kitchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4cup dry bread crumbs/panko
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
1. Make burger patty about 3inch wide and 1.5cm thickness. Press down the center of the patty to make the middle thinner than outside so the patty cooks evenly.
*Make many patties as you can. 4 will be used for this recipe, rest can be wrapped and leave them in fridge for next day or freeze them.
2. In a medium sauce pan ( preferably with lid ) with oil coated at med-high heat, lay 4 patties and grill until once side is brown.
3. Flip over the patties, add mushrooms in the pan filling the gap and then pour the sauce.
4. Let the sauce bubble and then reduce the heat to med-low or medium to simmer for 5-8min or until the sauce thickens. Check occasionally. If the sauce is thickening too fast, remove the lid and simmer.
5. Pull out the hamburgers and place them on a plate. Then pour the sauce and mushroom on top. Serve with your favorite side dish.