Few month ago, I was looking at a menu at Liberty Noodle in Eaton Center's food court. The dish that caught my eyes was their Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice( with edamame beans and a sriracha-honey drizzle).
Why not try making your own?
There's so many possibility with this recipe based on your preference. Add more bacon if 5 strips isn't enough!
Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice
- 5 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 bag of frozen edamame, boiled
- 1 package of oyster mushroom, sliced
- 1-2 pack of your favorite kimchi
- 1.5-2 cups of rice
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of green onion, chopped
- 1-2 eggs, sunny side up
- 1 tbsp, sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp, honey
1. Cook the rice with rice cooker.
2. In medium pot, boil water with salt following direction from the package of frozen edamame. Leave the beans aside. During boiling process, mix sriracha sauce and honey together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In large skillet pan, cook the bacon until nice and crispy, set aside. Remove oil if there's too much in the pan. In the same pan, add oyster mushroom and cook it until it's nice and brown.
4. Add edamame beans, bacon, green onion, and kimchi and stir fry until the flavor comes together for 5 min at medium heat.
5. During that time, make sunny side up egg with another small pan.
6. Add rice to the stir fry and mix well together. (Add more kimchi if you want more spice and kimchi flavor.)
7. Pour the fried rice in a bowl, lay egg in the center, drizzle sriracha honey sauce, then garnish with cilantro.