There's time where I need chocolate sauce for desserts, craving for chocolate milk, or drizzle on ice cream. But I never want to buy those bottle of chocolate sauce where I only use 20% of it, let it expire and then throw it away.
I found out that you can totally make your own with ingredients you already have at home(at least for people who bakes). With this recipe you can even make half of it or quarter of it if you only need little portion of it. I've made using half of all these ingredient and it makes about a cup.
Tried the sauce with milk and it tastes great.
Simple Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. In medium sauce pan, whisk cocoa power and sugar until blended. Add water and salt and whisk over med hear until boiling, stirring constantly.
2. Continue boiling until mixture thickens(about 3-4min). Taste and stir in additional salt until dissolved(up to 1/4 tsp, if desired).
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then cool.
4. Store syrup in airtight glass container in the fridge, lasts a month.