Tried out making Shepherds pie from a recipe site I love to go to.
-1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes (about 3 large potatoes), peeled and quartered
-3 strips of bacon, chopped
-1 tbsp butter
-1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
-1-2 cups vegetables—diced carrots, corn, peas
-1 1/2 lbs ground round beef
-1/2 cup beef broth
-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
-Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice.
1. Boil the potatoes until tender. Mash them with potato masher and add salt and pepper and 1 table spoon of butter to season it. Leave it a side
2. Cook the onion with carrots until tender, then add corn, peas and bacon.
3. Add ground beef and cook until it's not pink.
4. Simmer with broth, Worcestershire sauce for 10min.
5. Preheat oven to 400F.
6. In a large baking dish layer with beef and veggies and then potatoes on top. Use fork to rake the surface of mashed potatoes to brown the surface nicer when baking.
7. Bake for 30min.
8. After that set the oven to Broil and brown the surface more if you like it more crispy.