Tried my first attempt to make Jambalaya with sausage and shrimp. It's probably not made correctly but I like how simple it is to make!
Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
- 2tbsp butter
- 8oz Andouille sausage or other smoky sausage, cut into 1/4'' thick
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 large freen bell pepper, diced
- 2 rib celery, sliced 1/4'' thick
- 4 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup brown rice(pre-made for quick make)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Cook sausage(5min with butter). Add all spices. Saute for 1 min then add tomatoes. Cook until liquid evaporate.
2. Add bell pepper, celery, most of green onion and stir 5min.
3. Stir in tice, mix well. Add stock and bring to simmer.
4. When rice is tender add shrimp and cook for another 5min.