My first attempt to use squash to make soup!
This year of Spring is not quite yet warm enough to say Spring is here. Roasting vegetables really makes warm and cozy soup that's perfect for cold weather.
Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed.
- 2 carrots, cut into thick rounds.
- 1 large parsnip, cubed
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 5 cups veg stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, soured cream to serve
1. Preheat oven 200C/400F. Pour olive oil into bowl and toss all veggies until evenly coated.
2. Spread out veggies on baking pan. Tuck the bay leaves and thyme and rosemary sprigs amongst veggies.
3. Roast veggies for 50min until tender, tuning them occasionally to make sure they brown evenly.
4. Discard herbs and transfer veggies into large pot.
5. Pour the stock into the pot and bring to boil and simmer for 10min.
6. Blend the soup with food processor/blender until thick and smooth.
7. Season the soup with salt, pepper, sour cream(optional) and serve.