Another recipe I want to share that I found from Walmart Live Better(Fall2013) magazine. The combination of brussels sprouts and bacon goes so well! Serve it with your favorite steak!!
Roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries and bacon
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 strips applewood smoked thick sliced bacon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar(I used brown sugar)
1. Trim and slice Brussels sprouts in half, leaving the core intact. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 25-35min at 400F, turning every 10min until golden and tender
2. Slice bacon thin strip and cook at medium heat, stirring often until bacon is brown and crisp. Lay bacon on to paper towel. Remove bacon oil but leave 1tbsp in the pan.
3. Add onion until tender. Add cider vinegar, cranberries, and sugar. Bring to boil and continue cooking until small amount of liquid.
4. Transfer Brussels sprouts into a large bowl. Pour cranberry-onion mixture and sprinkle with crisp bacon. Toss to coat.