I saw The 4417 Mile Diet posted yummy looking cookie recipe so I instantly baked my own~ I saw the ingredient and couldn't stand how much butter you put in!
I had to put less butter so instead of 3/4 cup of butter I used 1/2 cup. Yes, the dough was thicker so it made the cookie chunkier. And I didn't have chocolate chips on me so I used dark chocolate block and cut them into chunks.
But it was still good~
I reused the cupcake box from Starbucks I had earlier, stuffed in parchment paper and packed my cookies for Sir Charles and my parents.
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.